The Big Update

*******************************************

Update: Chap 14 – 17 unedited are available on my patreon for everyone. Just click on the link and follow it there ^.^  No sign up required. That’s the end of this book, all that’s left is a bonus chapter, consistency checks for names etc which I ended up changing half way through, and battle edits pre chap 11.

*******************************************

So many of you are worried. I am here to tell you, there is no need to!

I originally wanted to post this once I had finished Chronicle of the Eternal Volume 2, but I’ve been busy the past couple of days and haven’t had the chance to finalize the writing. I only have half the final chapter remaining plus the bonus chapter. Here is what has been happening.

As many of you know, before I disappeared, my brother had been living with me and I we were looking for a new house. Well, we got a new house! But this is where everything also started going wrong.

Here in Australia, we have a new type of internet rolling out called the National Broadband Network(NBN). I contacted my isp in regards to changing address, and they informed me that I can’t continue on a landline and need to transfer over to the NBN. I don’t understand why when a phone line is still connected to the house but they were adamant on the fact. I even had to buy a new router as their branded router that was NBN ready is apparently not compatible with the NBN – I raged at them pretty hard over this.

I was also assured that the transfer would be 3 – 5 business days to complete then my internet would be ready. I didn’t have a problem with this as it wasn’t a significant deal. Little did I know that that was a big fat lie.

Ignoring the nitty details, The NBN is installed and run by a single company called NBNCO, who are massively understaffed with technicians and services are extremely poor. Customers can’t even contact them to ask what is going on.

It took over 3 months for me to finally get working internet again! That’s the main crux of the problem, I simply have had no internet.

While I’m sure there are methods around this and I could have done better to find internet elsewhere, it wasn’t the only problem I ran into. I have had no money and have been struggling to look for work in order to pay rent. My bank keeps singing Lunchmoney Lewis to me which, whilst being a funny analogy, is quite serious.

My Microsoft Office subscription also ran out not long after moving house. If any of you don’t know what happens in that scenario, Microsoft Word basically becomes Adobe Reader. You can view files, but you can’t do anything else. I had no money to renew it at the time, and no internet to renew it through!

I’ve had internet for about the past three weeks, and have been working on getting back into the rhythm of writing, but it is a gradual process to find the state of mind you were in previously.

Nowadays, I have been getting stuck into writing more. I do have six kids running around the house Friday evening to Monday morning which can be quite distracting (I am the easiest person to become distracted in the world), but I am getting there.

That’s why, I do apologize for being slow, but you don’t have to worry about me dropping the series or anything like that. No matter the speed, it will still be coming… eventually. Anyway, I’m hoping CotE Vol. 2 will be published between 1 – 2 weeks, after which I will be getting stuck into End Online.

Well that is my status update and rage at the world ^.^ I would like to give a personal thank you to everything who has stuck with me and supported me through Patreon, there was one month I was VERY short on rent and the money accumulated helped me make up the remainder. The remaining unedited chapters of CotE will be published there this evening, as well as being sent to my editors.

D

39 Comments

1. Thanks for the update. I’m sorry to read about the above issues, and although I cant do anything to help, I wish you the best of luck. I hope to be able to purchase CotE Vol.2 ASAP.

1. It’s not a problem. You listening to me vent my frustration is more than enough ^.^ I’m currently doing painting work for a friends business so I am not in the red completely ^.^’

1. Ohh this is news to me! I never even knew about it! I’ll actually download it for future use if need be.

Well, it doesn’t solve the issue of no internet at the time. I had some internet on my phone, but I couldn’t piggyback off it as I don’t know how to turn all the automatic updates off my computer.

2. Ugh, I know the exact feeling of internet installation delay. In this instance, I moved into a new house, and the cable installation from BT (it was a newbuild, and I’m british) was scheduled from about a week later, in mid january. All was great until like 5 days after moving in they told us they couldn’t put in the fricking wifi until mid-march! Ugh that was an annoying time…
    Glad to see you back though, and you’d better not dissapear on us again… or some hunting down might occur xD
    Hyped for more COTE and EO though, so i’ll be waiting eagerly!

Liked by 1 person

3. Hi. Glad to hear from you back. I am sorry to hear that and I hope for you. Keep up with the good work, I am thrilled to see the continuation of your works in the future.

4. Thanks for the update!! I understand you completely here is always a fight with the predictors. I take 2 months for the installation phone, internet and tv. Now I want to remove the television because it is very expensive since August and they always have an excuse …

1. Normally in Australia, you get internet and then you call them up to say its not working. The company then sends out a Telstra Technician and they connect you through the local exchange. It only takes about a week. That’s for the landline though, the new NBN is just disappointing.

Updating on what’s still happening. Been busy with work! Working as a painter for an old friend and colleague which has been swamping me! I said only two days a week as my back can’t really hold out but I’ve been working just about every day T.T. Some days not getting home till about 7pm and just collapsing. We all got to earn money though ^.^’

5. Great To Hear That Your Doing Well And Cant Wait For More Chapters To Come Out. But Its Been A Month Since The Big Update, And No New Chapters…

1. It seems like Regal might have some problems since he’s contracted two groups to provide security. If there’s a problem, who has jurisdiction? Who’s responsible to respond first; the “town security” or the Immortal Phoenix Guild?

6. Haha! Completely Agree I Just Wish It Wasnt The Case Because I Really Wanna Finish These Series And I Hate Stopping In Middle Of One

1. When You Have Months To Wait For An Update, You Have All Sorts Of Time To Try Out Different Capitalization Techniques.

I’m not the person you were responding to. I just copy/pasted from Word to capitalize each word.

7. Why Did U Use Word To Capitalize Each Word When You Only Need The Shift Button, Sorry For Asking So Many Questions I’m Just A Curious Person

1. Ctrl+A To Select All, Ctrl+C To Copy, Alt+Tab To Switch To Word, Ctrl+V To Paste, Then Click The Button, Then Hit Those Again To Copy Back Is Less Keypresses Than Hitting Shift For The Beginning Of Each Word. :p

8. For Me (the Original Capital Guy) For Some Reason Whenever I Type Into The Comment Box All The Words Come Out Capitalized But Forget About Me Lets Get Back To Wolfin And The Fact That He Gave Us An Update And Made Us Think That Hes Still Alive And Than Nothing

1. Just pinging you to let you know the post was updated with a link to chapters 14 – 17 unedited if you want them. I haven’t really disappeared like I did in the past, just been reading to the point it is almost toxic. Old habits die hard ^.^’

1. This is the Chronicle of the Eternal story that you updated, right? I like that story, and thanks for the update — I just wanted to say that I started reading this website because of End Online.

Anyway, do you want spelling/grammar corrections for chapters 14-17? I usually write them down as I read them post in the comments, but you said this was unedited.

9. Great final chapters, I can’t wait to buy it on amazon when it comes out and I sure hope you don’t keep us waiting as long on the next book.